Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Online Now (0)

Spanish citizen living in Europe / Kazakhstan Residence Visa

btckzbtckz 1 year - Expatriate
edited October 2015 in General
Hello everybody! Spanish citizen living in Europe. We would like for him to move to Kazakhstan to live here . Does anybody know what would be the steps for him to get the residence permit?


  • aneeshaneesh 1 year - Expatriate
    Rules in KZ especially MFA is different from most of the countries , if he is Spanish citizen and already married he cannot get a residence visa , unless he gives up his citizenship and passport as KZ do not allow dual citizenship
  • aneeshaneesh 1 year - Expatriate
    If one is married to a Kazakh citizen, s/he can apply for a residence permit. The person, who is applying for the residence, has to be in Kazakhstan for the most of the application process period (2-6 months). Residing in Kazakhstan at the time of application proves the intent of wanting to reside in the country. The process is very bureaucratic (tons of papers), overly complicated with nonsensical rules and coupled with whims of the street-level bureaucrats of the migration police. So, in order to save your/his time, it is best to hire a lawyer/law company who/that is well-positioned in this business of 'existence permits'. If you have time and nerves, you can, of course, apply yourselves. Mind you, be sure to read all the migration laws in advance and be prepared to cite them when dealing with the migration office bureaucrats. It is best to decide in advance which city you will be applying for the residence permit and secure a flat/house in that city for his registration (that has enough space/tenants ratio), as well as to get him a new passport with a longer validity. The residence permit is oftentimes issued for the validity of one's passport (if the citizenship is the white list of MFA).
Sign In or Register to comment.