Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online Now (0)

Avoid KIOSK TISSOT at MEGA Center [Eng/Ru] + UPDATE

aneeshaneesh 1 year - Expatriate
edited October 2015 in Take it Outside!
I have been looking to buy a new watch for a long time, I had two options, either Seiko or Tissot. I decided to go with Tissot because my father like the brand. Two days ago I went to a few a Tissot shops KIOSK, just walked around to see the price range as well as the collections. Today, while I was walking in MEGA Center I saw the KIOSK as shown below in the photo.

Я искал новые часы долгое время. У меня было два варианта, либо Seiko или Tissot. Я решил пойти за часами Tissot, так как мой отец любит этот бренд. Два дня назад я обошел несколько магазинных киоск Tissot , просто прогуливаясь вокруг, чтобы увидеть диапазон цен и коллекцию. Сегодня когда я шел в МЕГА центре, я увидел киоск, как показано ниже на фото.

I walked around a shop and a watch really caught my eyes. I asked the seller to show me the watch, and he got angry because I disturbed him from watching movies from a mobile phone. You won't believe what happened, he literally took the watch and threw it in front of me, Yes, he threw a 500.000Tenge watch in front of me, I asked him whether it was Automatic, the reply he said was ' if you can read, look at the watch' hmm then I carried on, then I asked him whether I can try the watch, he was getting angry whenever I opened my mouth, but then he agreed me to try on the watch .. the clasp of the watch was a bit different from what I am used to . I asked him to help me with the clasp , I asked him 3 times , then he replied ' If I do not know how to use the clasp of a Tissot watch ,You do no deserve a Tissot watch' but still I tried it on asked a few questions about the winding mechanism , he suddenly stopped speaking English , he said he will speak only in Kazakh because he is comfortable with that language and I can clearly see that he is not a native Kazakh. I am an expat living in Kazakhstan and he said these exact words ' you live in Kazakhstan , if you cannot speak Kazakh I cannot help you'. I quietly left the shop , then I went to 'SwissTime' and bought the watch as shown below.I recommend you not to visit this KIOSK TISSOT at MEGA Center , or be prepared for the worst customer service you will see in your life (also be fluent in Kazakh language :) )

Я ходил вокруг магазина и часы действительно приглянулись мне. Я попросил продавца показать мне часы, и он рассердился, потому что я помешал ему от просмотра фильмов с мобильного телефона. Вы не поверите, что случилось, он буквально взял часы и бросил его передо мной. Да, он бросил 500.000 часы передо мной. Я спросил его, был ли он автоматическим, в ответ он сказал: " Был . Если вы умеете читать, посмотрите на часы." -Хмм, продолжил я, потом я спросил его, могу ли я примерить часы. Он становился злым, когда я начинал открывать рот, но потом он позволил мне примерить часы .. застежка часов отличалась немного от тех, которых я имел. Я попросил его помочь мне с застежкой, даже попросил его 3 раза, на что он ответил: «Если ты не знаешь, как использовать застежку от часов Tissot , ты не заслуживаешь часы Tissot", но все-таки я попытался спросить несколько вопросов о заводного механизма, как вдруг он остановился говорить по-английски. Он сказал, что будет говорить только на казахском, потому что ему комфортно на этом языке, и я ясно видел, что он не является родным носителем казахского языка.

-Я эмигрант, живущий в Казахстане, на что он ответил: "Ты живешь в Казахстане, если ты не умеешь говорить по-казахски, я не могу тебе помочь." Я тихо вышел из магазина, затем я отправился в "SwissTime", чтобы купить часы, как показано ниже. Я рекомендую вам не посещать этот TISSOT бутик в Мега Центре, или быть готовыми к худшему обслуживанию клиентов в вашей жизни (также свободно владеть на казахском языке)

UPDATE 15.10.2015

Join our Facebook community
Almaty https://www.facebook.com/groups/XpatAlmaty/
Astana https://www.facebook.com/groups/woakz/
Atyrau https://www.facebook.com/groups/XpatAtyrau/
IndiraYerzhan

Comments

• BekaBeka 1 year - Expatriate
    Tissot is a good brand, and yor article is good as alaways.
  • zhanto97zhanto97 1 year - Expatriate
    This is the problem that prevails in Kazakhstan. All the people should learn english and be kind to foreigners. We really mustn't seem arrogant as it defames our country!
  • AzizAziz 1 year - Expatriate
    experinced the same problem. That kind of stupid sellers will always be so. I know kazalh language well, but once I started to speak in Russian to seller. That seller ordered me to speak in kazakh with an unpleasant tone. After I answered in kazakh that The Law of the RK says: Language of international relationships between citizens is russian as well as kazakh. So next time call me. I will come with the constitution. :D
    aneesh
  • AzizAziz 1 year - Expatriate
    with the article about foreigners
    aneesh
  • ZhumaZhuma 6 months - Foreigner
    In this way, they will not sell anything,it's shame for this kiosk; I consider first of all, for costumes important service, not product. For instance, in your situation, if he was polite regarding you, maybe you would buy it, or be on the way of thinking.
    aneesh
  • IndiraIndira 1 month - Outlander
    We live in the international country, where speaking in 3 languages is normal, Salesman is uncultured person!
    aneesh
  • YerzhanYerzhan 6 months - Foreigner
    I am really impressed about your patience. This customer would lay in hospital if he talk to me like that. Whatever, people are getting money for being polite and do their job as customer. Otherwise they should work somewhere else.
    aneesh
  • SwissTimeSwissTime 1 day - Outsider
    Dear Mr. Aneesh,

Allow me to introduce myself to begin with. My name is Nataliya and I am the SWISS TIME company representative.

First of all, on behalf of our company and our employee Mr. Solovyov R., who was involved in an unfortunate incident in a shopping mall “MEGA Alma-Ata”, we would like to offer our sincere apologies. We appreciate the patience you showed toward us, and detail description of the incident, which we are deeply sorry about.

We regret to know about your dissatisfaction and inappropriate service quality provided by our employee. This is to inform you that all the necessary disciplinary actions were arranged in accordance with the corporate policy.

It is well known, that the shopping mall “MEGA Alma-Ata” is one of the most hospitable and favorite places to visit in Almaty. The mall’s high service and quality level is being sustained for many years and a well deserved cutomers’ loyalty is the best performance. By no means we intended to cast doubt on the mall’s image.

We totally realize our employee’s inadmissible behavior, but for our part, we would like to add that most probably such an unpleasant situation gone worth due to some lost in translation, since Mr. Solovyov Ratmir has no such skills as knowledge of neither English nor Kazakh languages.

With our deepest regrets and apologies for the inconveniences caused.
    Please, don't hesitate to contact us if you need further information.

Best regards,
    Nataliya

Dear Mr. Aneesh

Вам пишет представитель компании Swiss Time, Наталия. В первую очередь, мы бы хотели принести вам свои искренние извинения от лица нашей компании, а также от сотрудника нашей компании, Г-на Соловьева Р., о котором идет речь в вашем письме, в связи с происшедшим неприятным инцидентом в ТЦ MEGA Alma-Ata. Благодарим вас за проявленное терпение, а также за ваше подробное описание неприятной ситуации, о которой мы искренне сожалеем.

Нам неприятно было узнать о вашем недовольстве и несоответствие качества и уровня обслуживания сотрудником нашей компании. Нами были применены необходимые административные меры и административные взыскания к сотруднику, Г-ну Соловьеву Р.

Торговый центр MEGA Alma-Ata – один из самых гостеприимных и любимых мест посещения в г.Алматы, который поддерживает свой статус высоким уровнем обслуживания всех своих посетителей, и поддержанием необходимого уровня статуса торгового центра. Представители администрации также сообщили нам о недопустимом факте.

Мы ни в коей мере не хотим умалить масштаб недопустимого поведения нашего сотрудника, но со своей стороны хотим добавить, что происшедшая ситуация, вероятно, также достигла недопустимого уровня в связи с трудностями перевода, так как Соловьев Ратмир, к сожалению, не обладает знаниями казахского и английского языков, даже на «бытовом» уровне.

Просим вас принять наши искренние сожаления по поводу произошедшего и наши глубокие извинения!

Просим Вас обращаться к нам, если у вас будут запросы.

С уважением,
    Наталия

Тел: + 7 7272 72 06 16

aneesh
  • aneeshaneesh 1 year - Expatriate
    @SwissTime‌ I really appreciate that you put some effort into writing to me, and I'm glad to know that you have considered this incident as an important issue. I would like nothing better than to forget the whole incident and move forward.
  • dashandashan 1 month - Outlander
    this is a very serious issue I agree that staff members are extremely rude,and think that especially to expats they need to be more polite and patient as their behavior sets opinion about our country .
    reading this post I was once again disappointed about our countries service level
    aneesh
  • AcielAciel 1 year - Expatriate
    I think in Kazakhstan service in a very low level, because every time we go to a market or shop, salesmen are rude and even lazy to sell their products and goods! Market is good way to organize economy!
    aneesh
  • ZhansayaZhansaya 1 year - Expatriate
    ooops, so bad, big problem
    aneesh
  • MarzhanMarzhan 1 year - Expatriate
    Such people as this one in Tissot make a view that all of us the same in Kazkhstan , so sad that leel of the servise on so low level , it is a big problem yet