Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online Now (0)

Almaty Marathon

BakhtiyarBakhtiyar 1 month - Outlander
edited February 2016 in - Almaty / Алматы
Hello xpat users! All of your articles/discussions on how to spend your time usefully currently, like go to the cafe and eat, drink food. But I want to talk about healthy life-style, about how to spend your time really usefull, and improve your health.
I am going to talk about Almaty Marathon, which Almaty joined in May 27, 2012. The first marothon was organized in May 27, 2012. And it attracted 2 500 participants. II Almaty Marathon was 2013, and numbers of people, who wanted to join to marathon was doubling. The III Almaty marathon hit a home run, as it attracted 10 000 participants together in April 20, 2014. The marorhon which was in this year participared about 19000 people.

What's the goals of Almaty Marathon:
1. popularization of healthy lifestyle;
2. familiarizing people in active physical culture and sports;
3. development of mass sports;
4. support talented young athletes;
5. popularization of the social responsibility of large companies and citizens to their city and its environment;
6. support charitable projects of national importance.

Since its inception, Almaty Marathon one of its main objectives puts support charitable projects of national importance.
All proceeds from the marathon transferred to the charity. Thus, in addition to its primary mission - to promote a healthy lifestyle and run - Almaty Marathon also serves as one of the most important social functions, attracting society to social responsibility and enabling each person to contribute to a good cause.

There are 5 categories of racing:
1. 42 km 195 m

2. 21 km

3. 10 km

4. 3 km

5. Ekiden

Furthermore, one female, one male winners of 42 km 195 m category, go to the next level, the World Marathon, where they protect honor of our county.

April 2014 year, me and my friends from KBTU were participated to the marathon. I was in category 21 km.

############################
Download Presentation PPT file of the above article- http://www.sharemy.io/Pfh4eJH
############################
nrlnvBeka

Comments